It is important to tailor your strategies to take advantage of the
of a particular country and general; while at the same time avoiding both their
and inferior units.
As with any successful
within Axis and Allies, you must be ready to counter the tactics and strategies of your opponents.
is key! You can't be prepared if you don't know whats coming.
1. SaS: They are the strongest infantry against all infantry and the second strongest infantry against mechs. Along with having 2 sniper units in their squad, SAS has a 2 defense, which differs from the typical 1 defense of most infantry. Their armor can even be upgraded to 3 defense with Special Forces for even more durability. This upgrade is a must have when going against mechs.
2. Economy: British HQ's cost less than those of any other country, which allows players to produce more buildings in less time, and in turn helps to bolster their . economy
3. Airpower: Second best airpower in the game, only missing the Napalm upgrade available exclusively to the USA.
"The U.S. has broken the second rule of war. That is, don't go fighting with your land army on the mainland of Asia. Rule One is don't march on Moscow. I developed these two rules myself." General Montgomery - regarding US approach to the Vietnam War
1. AT-Mech: In mech versus mech battles, British AT-Mech are only superior to those of Japan, which are rarely seen in online play; although better versus infantry than Russian AT-Mech due to better halftracks and the Improved Machine Guns upgrade.
2. Armor: British Armor, while not particularly bad, isn't their strong point either.. Mostly because they are mising the all-important Gyrostabilized Tank Guns upgrade. Although they have a unique armor regiment in the Flame Tank, which can have devastating effects on enemy morale.
""I should like to pay the highest tribute for the most gallant fight put up against impossible odds" Admiral Tovey - After the sinking of the Bismarck
General Wavell Wavell is Great Britian's second strongest general, as he is fortunate enough to have a Carpet Bomb. However, the rest of his special ops have little to no use and/or impact in online play.
FEATURE BLOCKED! You must be a registered user for this feature. Registration is free, easy, and private.
Register Today! ADVERTISEMENT
Legal disclaimer | WW2 Images WW2 Photos: All WW2 Photos featured are in the public domain (17 U.S.C. § 101 and § 105). Various sources including but not limited to, Wikipedia, and the archives of many of the countries that were involved in the conflict.
For more info on public domain content click the Wikipedia icon to the left
Legal disclaimer | Axis and Allies RTS www.axis-and-allies.com is an independently run, non-profit community site for the Axis and Allies RTS, and is not affiliated with
Atari, Timegate, Gamespy, or Encore Entertainment. Axis & Allies © 2006 Encore Software, Inc. All rights reserved. AXIS & ALLIES is a registered trademark of Hasbro, Inc. GameSpy and the Powered by GameSpy design are trademarks of GameSpy Industries, Inc. All rights reserved. TimeGate Studios and the TimeGate Studios logo are trademarks of TimeGate Studios, Inc. Any comments and forum posts are property of their posters, all the rest ©2007- by www.axis-and-allies.com - Photos/Graphics from the Axis and Allies RTS game are the original work of Timegate studios. All statistical data gathered from in-game, game data files, and alot of testing and experience.
.:: Top User of Today ::.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Monday, August 24, 2009 · Teamspeak 3 soon to be Released? Thursday, August 20, 2009 · GameSpy Shuts Down Gaming Fan Sites Thursday, July 30, 2009 · Noob Tip: How to Hotkey a Group of Regiments Thursday, July 31, 2008 · Japanese Mortars or Heavy Airborne? Thursday, July 24, 2008 · List of All Special Ops · List of All Upgrades · Upgrades to Skip · Guide To Airpower Upgrades · Guide To Artillery Tank Upgrades · Guide To Tank - Armor Upgrades · Guide To Artillery Mech Upgrades · Guide To Anti Tank Mech Upgrades · Guide To Infantry Upgrades Monday, July 21, 2008 · Recommended Basic Gameplay Settings Sunday, July 20, 2008 · Counting Bombs Friday, June 13, 2008 · German Armor | Spotting a King Tiger Thursday, May 01, 2008 · Keyboard Shortcuts Wednesday, March 26, 2008 · Ukraine · Southern Europe · Philippines · North Africa · India · Germany · France · Alaska · Battle of Stalingrad · Normandy Breakout · The Burning of Moscow · Operation Market Garden · Battle of Kursk Older Articles
Pentium III 1.5 GHz
256 MB RAM
HD 1.4 GB
64 MB Video
for Internet play
The Official VOIP
and the A&A