Generals of Germany
AXIS and ALLIES RTS
"We no longer demand anything, we want war." Germany foreign minister 1939
It is important to tailor your strategies to take advantage of the
of a particular country and general; while at the same time avoiding both their
and inferior units.
As with any successful
within Axis and Allies, you must be ready to counter the tactics and strategies of your opponents.
is key! You can't be prepared if you don't know whats coming.
1. AT Mech: Arguably the strongest Anti Tank Mech regiment in the game. The Jagdpanther and it's 88mm Gun inflict a punishing 100 attack value when fully upgraded, making it the best Tank Destroyer in the game hands down. Good available upgrades, only missing Mechanical Reliability, but Germany also has a couple of unique upgrades, Advanced Armor Training and Schurzen which help make up for this. Decent halftracks that possess the important Improved Machine Guns upgrade. The challenge with Germany is surviving the infantry stage of the game, and deploying enough of them with their weak economy. Played correctly, Germany can be a dominate force during the Mech Stage of the game.
2. Armor: Whether Heavy Tank, King Tiger Tank, or the underrated German Arty Tank, Germany has some of the finest armor in the game. The challenge with Germany is to get to the armor stage of the game, due to their weak . economy
"Which would your men rather be, tired, or dead?" General Rommel - Said to an Officer while building Hitler's Atlantic Wall
1. Economy: When it comes to the weaknesses of Germany, first and foremost it is their , which will limit your options for the majority of the game. Germany often has to find ways to buy time, and to try to " Economy eco whore" as much as possible, spamming alot of infantry hq's to bolster their economy. You have less room for error playing as Germany, and losing regiments can be a fatal blow since they cannot afford to waste money.
2. Airborne: German airborne is almost never seen in online play, and building airborne HQ's would also require Germany to purchase more supply depots to make up for lost oil; oil they need for the units they should be making... Anti Tank Mech and Armor.
3. Specialized Infantry: Germany lacks a specialized infantry that can compete with those of Russia, Great Britian, and Japan; which can leave them at a disadvantage early in the game... Especially in 1v1 and isolation play.
4. Airpower: Not terrible airpower, but if you haven't got the point yet, Germany just cant afford all the bells and whistles. Airpower can be used late in the game to support your armor, but only after you have significant ground forces and extra money. Be aware German airpower is not very good at taking out enemy structures, but is adequate versus ground forces when combined with an offensive push.
"You only have to kick in the door and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down." Adolph Hitler regarding the invasion of Russia
General Kesselring Considered to be one of the weakest generals for multiplayer, since he lacks a "bomb" special op; and also faces the challenges of Germany. But don't resign just yet... Although infantry is never your first option with Germany, if the supports it, you might consider German mortars; to take advantage of terrain Military Gear Up. Also, if you can get to the armor stage of the game, you have one of the strongest non-bomb special operations in A&A... Blitzkrieg
"Germany must either be a world power or there will be no Germany" Adolph Hitler
General Manstein Manstein is almost Germany's strongest general for multiplayer, as his special ops V Weapons, Propaganda War, and Espionage have just slightly less game-long impact than those of General Rundstedt. ( V Weapons, Demoralization, and Armored Resupply)
"The basic principles of the military services are unchangeable. Courage and candor, obedience and comradeship, love of fatherland, and loyalty to the state: these are ever the distinguishing characteristics of the soldier and sailor. Building character through intelligent training and education is always the first and greatest goal." Admiral Erich Raeder - Commander in Chief of the German Navy
General Rommel Considered to be one of the weakest generals for multiplayer, since he lacks a special op that has much effect in the early to mid-game; and also faces the challenges of Germany. But don't resign just yet... Use your paper tanks to harrass the enemy and steal cities, and if you can get to the armor stage of the game, you have one of the strongest non-bomb special operations in A&A... Blitzkrieg
"With the we have lost our oldest Italian comrades to whom, we must admit, we always asked more than they, considering their modest armament, could actually give us." Ariete Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
General Rundstedt Rundstedt is Germany's strongest general for multiplayer, as his special ops V Weapons, Demoralization, and Armored Resupply have slightly more game-long impact than those of General Manstein. ( V Weapons, Propaganda War, and Espionage)
"Democracy has no convictions for which people would be willing to stake their lives." Dr. Ernst Hanfstaengl
FEATURE BLOCKED! You must be a registered user for this feature. Registration is free, easy, and private.
Register Today! ADVERTISEMENT
Legal disclaimer | WW2 Images WW2 Photos: All WW2 Photos featured are in the public domain (17 U.S.C. § 101 and § 105). Various sources including but not limited to, Wikipedia, and the archives of many of the countries that were involved in the conflict.
For more info on public domain content click the Wikipedia icon to the left
Legal disclaimer | Axis and Allies RTS www.axis-and-allies.com is an independently run, non-profit community site for the Axis and Allies RTS, and is not affiliated with
Atari, Timegate, Gamespy, or Encore Entertainment. Axis & Allies © 2006 Encore Software, Inc. All rights reserved. AXIS & ALLIES is a registered trademark of Hasbro, Inc. GameSpy and the Powered by GameSpy design are trademarks of GameSpy Industries, Inc. All rights reserved. TimeGate Studios and the TimeGate Studios logo are trademarks of TimeGate Studios, Inc. Any comments and forum posts are property of their posters, all the rest ©2007- by www.axis-and-allies.com - Photos/Graphics from the Axis and Allies RTS game are the original work of Timegate studios. All statistical data gathered from in-game, game data files, and alot of testing and experience.
.:: Top User of Today ::.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Monday, August 24, 2009 · Teamspeak 3 soon to be Released? Thursday, August 20, 2009 · GameSpy Shuts Down Gaming Fan Sites Thursday, July 30, 2009 · Noob Tip: How to Hotkey a Group of Regiments Thursday, July 31, 2008 · Japanese Mortars or Heavy Airborne? Thursday, July 24, 2008 · List of All Special Ops · List of All Upgrades · Upgrades to Skip · Guide To Airpower Upgrades · Guide To Artillery Tank Upgrades · Guide To Tank - Armor Upgrades · Guide To Artillery Mech Upgrades · Guide To Anti Tank Mech Upgrades · Guide To Infantry Upgrades Monday, July 21, 2008 · Recommended Basic Gameplay Settings Sunday, July 20, 2008 · Counting Bombs Friday, June 13, 2008 · German Armor | Spotting a King Tiger Thursday, May 01, 2008 · Keyboard Shortcuts Wednesday, March 26, 2008 · Ukraine · Southern Europe · Philippines · North Africa · India · Germany · France · Alaska · Battle of Stalingrad · Normandy Breakout · The Burning of Moscow · Operation Market Garden · Battle of Kursk Older Articles
Pentium III 1.5 GHz
256 MB RAM
HD 1.4 GB
64 MB Video
for Internet play
The Official VOIP
and the A&A