Arnold
 Eisenhower
 Nimitz
 Patton
Admin
Be Respectful - No Anger or Hostility, Thats What The Gamespy Lobby is For
21-08-2007 9:13:pm
CoffeePrince
A&A is already supported by gameranger. Were inviting more players to join in there to make the game group a lot bigger. If your interested pls pm me here to get more details for game matches thanks and have a nice day fellow generals
13-04-2014 11:23:am
Montgomery1
By good luck I found this site just before getting the game.
24-08-2011 8:10:pm
Schwieger
Glad I found this
29-07-2011 9:17:pm
WW2Freak
Dude i love the game and now a member of the website i know a lot of u guys and my other profiles on it at [Iowa]DrugMonkey, ww2freak ,and bugs bunny
07-06-2011 3:35:pm
jcrfd
Amazing information and insight of the game, thanks so much for making a wonderful source for such an awesome game like Axis & Allies..
28-05-2011 12:02:pm
penguinlover7
Awesome site! It's chock full of great A&A info! I'm so glad I found an A&A community to become a part of.
12-03-2011 5:49:pm
OwNVictoryHour
Yep Lets Get This Site and Game to new people.
27-02-2011 1:20:pm
bucs1888
We need to start advertising the game on google or somethin
23-02-2011 8:32:pm
bucs1888
This site is great i never knew about it at first
22-01-2011 11:13:pm
Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.
Shout History | ShoutBox ©

THE WEBSITE
[ THE WEBSITE ]

· Shoutbox Slider Supreme
· What are Feeds?
· Smurfs Welcome

AXIS-AND-ALLIES.COM: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
United States
OwNVictoryHour

Hits Total: 1646
Badges 04/80 Level 013
Badges 04/80 Level 013

Last Shout: Yep Lets Get This Site and Game to new people.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

what would win
1)5 snipers or 15 recon
2)12 mech 8 arty tanks
3)OR 20 morters vs 20 Heavy airborne
which of the 2 in each 3 questions will win???????
Question

United States
Dolfantye

Hits Total: 28
Badges 01/80 Level 001
Badges 01/80 Level 001

Last Shout: No Shouts Yet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting topic. Yet, the answers seem obvious to me.

5 Snipers
8 Arty Tanks
20 Heavies.

Yet, I think it comes down to the player and his or her skills.

Hits Total: 10148
Badges 09/80 Level 026
Badges 09/80 Level 026

Last Shout: secret nazi invention [IMG]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

OwNVictoryHour wrote:
what would win
1)5 snipers or 15 recon
2)12 mech 8 arty tanks
Question

1) Snipers should usually poon recon Sniper INF
http://www.axis-and-allies.com/russian-sniper-infantry-regiment.html

2) Depends, 12 USA fully upgraded meched up vs 8 virgin brit arties might work Smile AT Mech Arty Tank
http://www.axis-and-allies.com/anti-tank-at-halftrack-regiment-ww2-rts.html
http://www.axis-and-allies.com/artillery-arty-tank-armor-regiment-ww2-rts.html

3) everything you ever wanted to know about heavy airborne vs mortar (at least Japanese version) Mortar heavy-airborne
http://www.axis-and-allies.com/article52.html

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Austria
GenMaximus

Hits Total: 435

Badges 01/80 Level 002
Badges 01/80 Level 002

Last Shout: Join the AnA Ladder!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

well, it depends on the guyes who are using the units. A good player can make any bad unit good...

United States
Buku

Hits Total: 203

Badges 01/80 Level 001
Badges 01/80 Level 001

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maxi is correct, it would depend more on the player, then the units.
Two players of similar skill level should result in...
15 Recons I say this on the condition that you microed the recon well , and stay spread.
The 15 recon in most cases would slap 5 snipers, unless you are the type of person to engage all 15 in a blob, in which case game over.

8 Arty will kill 12 mech. The reason i say this is simple...By the time your mech reach the artys, chances are the opposing player will have been bombarding you prior to you coming close enough to engage the arty.

Twenty mortars or twenty heavy airborne is very tough, and could very easily go either way.
I would take twenty heavy airborne over twenty mortars.

Israel
zling

Hits Total: 519

Badges 02/80 Level 004
Badges 02/80 Level 004

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

OwNVictoryHour wrote:
what would win
1)5 snipers or 15 recon
2)12 mech 8 arty tanks
Question

1) 15 well microed recons should win(or at least be even) with 5 equally microed snipers.
2) depends purely on the map and the specific battle. with a lot of hills/trees and stuff arties will have the advantage, in the open field or in maps such as North Africa or even India the mechs should have the advantage. also depends on which countries are involved, say German mechs vs Jap/Ger arties I'd bet on the mechs, Jap/Brit/Rus mechs vs US/Brit arties I'd almost always bet on the arties.
3) 20 mortars, as I posted in the heavies vs mortar thread, the mortars have an advantage over heavies as far as pure infantry battles go. mortars vs heavies is a pure infantry battle, so the double amount of mortars should seal the deal here.

United States
KingCobra

Hits Total: 748
Badges 01/80 Level 002
Badges 01/80 Level 002

Last Shout: AnA ladder, join!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If the skill of the players are not considered, then the 5 snipers, 12 mechs, and 20 heavys will win. The mechs and artys are a toss up. If the mechs are spread, then they will win. If the mechs are blobed, then the artys will win. Also keep in mind that none of these units are upgraded.

Ofcourse, if we consider the skill of the player, then anything is possible. Recons can easily hold their own against snipers if microed well. Mortars can also be stronger than heavys if used efficiently.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
United States
SniPer

Hits Total: 42

Badges 01/80 Level 001
Badges 01/80 Level 001

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Snipers should win, even if recon are not blobbed, if snipers are efficiently used.

If using ike or patton, or even banzai or blitzkrieg gnerals id say the mech have a fighting chance, especially if spread out. If on a pure arty vs mech with no bonuses, arty all the way.

I'd say 20 mortars; those extra mortars will hurt the airborne alot.

*PHZ*|$niPer

TheChatMonitor

Hits Total: 740

Badges 01/80 Level 002
Badges 01/80 Level 002

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

The snipers should win no matter what unless they get bombed

The arty's would dominate the mech is it was U.S v U.S

The heavy's would beat the mortors cause every guy in an airborne regiment carrys a machine gun and not a rifle. Thats adds alot of damage that the mortors cant put out. You still have to worry about the fact that the morotrs will cause the heavys to rout though

United States
Planetshakers

Hits Total: 24888

Badges 35/80 Level 107
Badges 35/80 Level 107

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

First of all the snipers will pwn the recons second the depending whatever nation u are the artys will win unless its German mech. Third mortars i prefer will win because two mortars is better than one mortars. Second Japanese machine guns suck and are were the worst machine guns in the game. It lacks speed and firepower to produce bullets. Lastly count it on the mortars rather than the machine guns.

United States
Gizmotron

Hits Total: 20832

Badges 19/80 Level 058
Badges 19/80 Level 058

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

FIFTEEN SNIPERS VS FIVE RECON REGIMENTS:

most people favored the snipers-- but I'm going to try and play devil's advocate here.

15 recon regiments would have about 75 individual infantry units against 45 or so infantry units that the 5 sniper regiments have. of those 45 units only 10 of them are snipers. once those snipers get killed the battle becomes one of pure attrition-- and this makes it nearly impossible for the sniper regimetns to win.

snipers have a terribly slow rate of fire. (once every ten seconds? that's not good enough given the fact that they're outnumbered 3-against-2 in terms of pure unit count). it's not like all of those regular infantry and officer infantry units are standing idly by waiting to get picked off! to make matters worse once each regiment closes ranks to do battle the snipers don't have grenades!

snipers have only 75% of the health that regular infantry units have. take both of these factors into account and we shouldn't be surprised if the sniper unit is among the first ones to drop. and you can bet the recon player is going to be targeting those snipers as much as possible.

we haven't even mentioned the inevitable routing that happens with infantry regiments. once one of those sniper regiments rout, it will get annihilated by the swarms of recons.... which enjoy the "trailblazing" speed advantage. this means that any routing sniper regments will be much easier for the extra recon regiments to chase down and wipe out. conversely, if the recons need to retreat, it won't be as difficult for them to get out of harm's way.

recons also have fewer units--which means that if they're in a zone of supply they'll be at full strength much faster than sniper regiments.

additionally, the recon regiments generate experience points faster-- which could be a game-changer right there. they'll get that infantry resupply, banzai charge, communist zeal sooner than the snipers.

just tried out a three pronged attack against 5 AI-controlled sniper regiments clustered in a group. the battle took place on open terrain. I put the snipers close together to given them the most concentrated firepower possible. no time was allowed for the regiments to become entrenched.

FIFTEEN RECONS
I launched a flanking attack of five regiments from either side of the sniper cluster and a direct assault with the five remaining regiments. within 45 seconds 38 of the original 45 enemy infantry units were dead. (85%!) in barely a minute the snipers broke ranks and scattered in five different directions. two of the sniper regiments were annihilated inside of a minute. which meant that it was inevitable that the other three would crumble.

it was over a minute before I even started losing regiments.! rather than watch my regiments get wiped out, I'd just start cycling through them, taking care to have any one regiment get lost. when I did lose regiments I would reorganize my groupings to keep the best available concentration of power and mobility.

all the while I had my units retreat before they could rout. once I gave them a two or three second breather I'd throw them back at the enemy and have another group take a break.

after that first minute things started getting tricky. most of my regiments were at half strength and routed easily-- so I had to keep the pressure on and kept forcing the sniper regiments to rout with pincer attacks from two of the three groups.

by the end of three minutes the snipers had suffered total annihilation while I still had 10 regiments left. the sniper regiments killed 43 of my recon regiment units for the loss of 45 of theirs. this was playing against an AI general who had the luxury of Wingate's infantry resupply operation... and it still wasn't enough to save them.

FIVE SNIPERS
on the flip side, when I played for the snipers it started badly and ended well: the two closest groups moved in and were attacking me from both sides. they were carving up my regiments easily until I started focusing all of my force onto individual regiments. I was hoping that I could wipe them out one regiment at a time. the plan worked only because while the first ten regiments were attacking me the remaining five did absolutely nothing! within a minute I had decimated several regiments and routed the rest.

if that third regiment were used more offensively I would have been easily wiped out. most of my regiments were at half strength after a minute or two. rather than waiting for them to attack me I had my regiments chase down the routing recon regiments and finish them off one at a time.

of my original 45 units I had lost 19 of them inside of the three minutes it took me to wipe out the mostly routing AI enemy regiments. this including the fact that the third group of five recons never once actively engaged my forces . if they had, I would have been easily wiped out, given that within three minutes 19 of my original 45 infantry units had been killed. that's 42 percent of my original strength. if badly controlled AI can cause that much damage think about the difference a well managed human opponent could do.

REVIEW
the recon regiments have numerical and tactical superiority. if neither side is allowed to keep their regiments in supply-- and both players have equally good micro skills I honestly don't see how the snipers can prevail. but all I'm doing here is crunching the numbers and did a test using each side against the other-- controlled by the legendarily inept AI.

United States
OwNVictoryHour

Hits Total: 1646
Badges 04/80 Level 013
Badges 04/80 Level 013

Last Shout: Yep Lets Get This Site and Game to new people.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Still going on about my posts? Can someone get rid of the stupid ones please O:

View next topic
View previous topic