Arnold
 Eisenhower
 Nimitz
 Patton
Admin
Be Respectful - No Anger or Hostility, Thats What The Gamespy Lobby is For
21-08-2007 9:13:pm
CoffeePrince
A&A is already supported by gameranger. Were inviting more players to join in there to make the game group a lot bigger. If your interested pls pm me here to get more details for game matches thanks and have a nice day fellow generals
13-04-2014 11:23:am
Montgomery1
By good luck I found this site just before getting the game.
24-08-2011 8:10:pm
Schwieger
Glad I found this
29-07-2011 9:17:pm
WW2Freak
Dude i love the game and now a member of the website i know a lot of u guys and my other profiles on it at [Iowa]DrugMonkey, ww2freak ,and bugs bunny
07-06-2011 3:35:pm
jcrfd
Amazing information and insight of the game, thanks so much for making a wonderful source for such an awesome game like Axis & Allies..
28-05-2011 12:02:pm
penguinlover7
Awesome site! It's chock full of great A&A info! I'm so glad I found an A&A community to become a part of.
12-03-2011 5:49:pm
OwNVictoryHour
Yep Lets Get This Site and Game to new people.
27-02-2011 1:20:pm
bucs1888
We need to start advertising the game on google or somethin
23-02-2011 8:32:pm
bucs1888
This site is great i never knew about it at first
22-01-2011 11:13:pm
Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.
Shout History | ShoutBox ©

INTEL
[ INTEL ]

· Military Tactics and Strategy
· List of All Upgrades

AXIS-AND-ALLIES.COM: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Secret Location
JediMasterDraco

Hits Total:

Badges 01/80 Level 001
Badges 01/80 Level 001

Last Shout: No Shouts Yet

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

At the present I'm struggling to figure out how to begin modding this game and what programs to use to do so. My main goal at the present is to expand the number of units that can be selected (which I'm guessing is unlikely but still something I figure I'd toss out) and training Marines at US Corp HQs (not Infantry Division HQs).

United States
Gizmotron

Hits Total: 20832

Badges 19/80 Level 058
Badges 19/80 Level 058

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.moddb.com/games/axis-allies/downloads/aak2-rwd-extractor

use the program in this file to fully extract all of the RWD data files into individual graphic, tgi files, and folders that can be looked at and edited.

if all you want to do is expand the economy for the regular game (aka more buildings, more regiments) here is a patch that does that.
http://www.moddb.com/games/axis-allies/downloads/economy-expansion-patch

if you don't have a "Data" folder you can simply create one and paste the patch in there. it will change the building limit to 40 and the regiment limit to 80.

the thing about marines is that the original unit required a special sort of technology - and it was only available with certain sorts of tech research and triggers.

the following mods all feature some sort of researchable/recruitable infantry for the US Marine Corps

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-blitzkrieg-armies-of-world-war-ii/downloads/wwiidie-riesige-armeen

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gizmotrons-axis-allies-user-mod/downloads/gizmotrons-axis-allies-user-mod

http://www.moddb.com/mods/axis-allies-rts-mod-world-domination/downloads/axis-allies-rts-mod-world-domination

http://www.moddb.com/mods/axis-allies-rts-10-country-chinese-mod-added/downloads/axis-allies-rts-10-country-chinese-mod-version-5

the Uncommon Valor Mod (all versions) feature an expanded economy and numerous bayonet-wielding infantry units. I would recommend starting off with the first linked mod because that's a revised version of the classic Morgenblitz mod. it's smaller and easier to learn. but any of the mods listed here could be used to learn from.

I would encourage you to use the search function on these forums to find existing topics that look into your questions. there are thousands of words where people have probably already discussed the things you want to know in considerable detail. a good place to start would be here:
http://www.axis-and-allies.com/ftopict-376-New-Units.html

Secret Location
Centurion

Hits Total:

Badges 01/80 Level 001
Badges 01/80 Level 001

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Don't think this is the right place to ask this, but, seeing how this seems to be one of the few active forums left, it's worth a shot.

I've recently reinstalled this game after years of not playing. And I have encountered the same bug from before. The half tracks for Russia and Germany do not fire at all. Does anyone know how to fix this?

United States
Gizmotron

Badges 19/80 Level 058
Badges 19/80 Level 058

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

no problem. this is as good a place as any.

which version of "Uncommon Valor" are you using? this is the most recent version:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/axis-allies-uncommon-valor/downloads/uncommon-valor-43

I do remember having halftrack problems over a year ago. but I'm pretty sure I fixed that.

although I've got to warn you that version 4.3 is meant to be installed in C drive under Program Files (x86)
this will solve a lot of the missing skin problems that people complained about. up to version 4.1 every version of this mod was designed to work on Windows XP for best results.

Secret Location
Centurion

Hits Total:

Badges 01/80 Level 001
Badges 01/80 Level 001

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I'm not using any mods at all. I'm playing vanilla. I remember when I played this more than a decade ago, the "halftruck bug", if you will, was not present upon installation and the first few months of playing, but developed over time, starting with the Germans.

I'd be grateful for a solution to this, but, if your mod fixes all the bugs, I'd be happy to give it a try. If it'll work with a cracked version. I lost my original copy a few years ago, sadly.

United States
Gizmotron

Badges 19/80 Level 058
Badges 19/80 Level 058

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

odd. I've never seen that specific bug in the original game... although I do remember goliath infantry had this habit of routing nonstop.

if that's all you'd like to do... is fix the German and Russian halftracks not attacking there might be a simpler solution... install a smaller mod.

"Uncommon Valor" is a very large mod that has 42 historical nations, hundreds of new generals, and thousands of new units and regiments. the WW2 map has more countries and sixteen competing nations. there are higher levels of experience that can be gained with regiments. there is over 100 new special ops. it completely transforms the gaming experience.

obviously I encourage people to try this mod-- as I'm coauthor with theharkkonen. but if the mod turns out to be too big, or otherwise incompatible consider trying one of these out.

https://www.moddb.com/games/axis-allies

Secret Location
Centurion

Hits Total:

Badges 01/80 Level 001
Badges 01/80 Level 001

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have found one other reference to the bug on this site, and another user posted a link to DL his halftrack files, which I presume would've fixed the problem. Unfortunately, the website he linked to no longer exists. Other than that, I was really surprised to to see how few people have encountered this.

I have looked already, and I have not yet located a mod that corrects this problem.

I did check out your mod in the process. It looks fantastic, and the scale is impressive. I'm not ready to install a total overhaul though. However, if you think it'll fix the halftracks. . .I might give it a shot.

United States
Gizmotron

Badges 19/80 Level 058
Badges 19/80 Level 058

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.moddb.com/mods/axis-allies-rts-10-country-chinese-mod-added/downloads/axis-allies-rts-10-country-chinese-mod-version-5

this is an English translation of a very popular A&A mod in China. since they changed nearly every original unit in the game this should hopefully solve the halftrack problem.

they have stuff in there I dislike... like Communist China engineers can build banks! they have infantry regiments with 9 units that spawn at full strength and they have heavy tanks and atomic bombs that they wouldn't gain access to until a decade or so later. but... it's still a very fun mod to play.

there's an older mod I did that formed the backbone of "Uncommon Valor"
https://www.moddb.com/mods/gizmotrons-axis-allies-user-mod

it only has the five original countries and is only a fraction of the size.

anything by 88nosebleed should be pretty good. you can always "uninstall" a mod by renaming the "Data" folder to something else. so you can freely swap back and forth between different mods IF you remember that you can't open any of the related campaigns or saved missions you saved under the mod. I find it's easier to just delete the A&A Folder in "My Documents" and start over. but if you wanted to save them you could rename that folder in accordance to the mod that you're using at that time.

my only guess is that this might be an older version of the game? I know that there were a number of bugs that got fixed in later released of the game that I never experienced. by the time I got this game it was already four or five years old. so that was a bug I never encountered.

View next topic
View previous topic