Arnold
 Eisenhower
 Nimitz
 Patton
Admin
Be Respectful - No Anger or Hostility, Thats What The Gamespy Lobby is For
21-08-2007 9:13:pm
CoffeePrince
A&A is already supported by gameranger. Were inviting more players to join in there to make the game group a lot bigger. If your interested pls pm me here to get more details for game matches thanks and have a nice day fellow generals
13-04-2014 11:23:am
Montgomery1
By good luck I found this site just before getting the game.
24-08-2011 8:10:pm
Schwieger
Glad I found this
29-07-2011 9:17:pm
WW2Freak
Dude i love the game and now a member of the website i know a lot of u guys and my other profiles on it at [Iowa]DrugMonkey, ww2freak ,and bugs bunny
07-06-2011 3:35:pm
jcrfd
Amazing information and insight of the game, thanks so much for making a wonderful source for such an awesome game like Axis & Allies..
28-05-2011 12:02:pm
penguinlover7
Awesome site! It's chock full of great A&A info! I'm so glad I found an A&A community to become a part of.
12-03-2011 5:49:pm
OwNVictoryHour
Yep Lets Get This Site and Game to new people.
27-02-2011 1:20:pm
bucs1888
We need to start advertising the game on google or somethin
23-02-2011 8:32:pm
bucs1888
This site is great i never knew about it at first
22-01-2011 11:13:pm
Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.
Shout History | ShoutBox ©

LOGISTICS
[ LOGISTICS ]

· Upgrades to Skip
· The Supply Depot and Zone of Supply
· Using Supply as Counter-Intel
· Using Supply Trucks as Recon - Intel
· Making Large Quantities of Supply
· The Tech Noob
· Using Supply Depots for Ammo and Oil
· Supply Fields and Multiplayer
· Tent Swapping

AXIS-AND-ALLIES.COM: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Secret Location
Kanh

Hits Total:

Badges 01/80 Level 001
Badges 01/80 Level 001

Last Shout: No Shouts Yet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if anyone was still active on this site and if so could possibly help with finding custom maps?[ Still trying the editor but it is difficult to make a entire map idea.]

United States
TheLastSterling

Hits Total: 12097

Badges 04/80 Level 011
Badges 04/80 Level 011

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

There are some people who ocasionally come now and then. Good luck finding any maps these days. Most of the websites that had AA maps have shut down now. I remember there were exclusive dlc maps that atari gave out years ago. the few maps that you can download here I consider good quality(Arhnem v2, japanese stronghold, etc).

Secret Location
Sherman8likeNate

Hits Total:

Badges 01/80 Level 001
Badges 01/80 Level 001

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Kanh wrote:
I was wondering if anyone was still active on this site and if so could possibly help with finding custom maps?[ Still trying the editor but it is difficult to make a entire map idea.]

I am! And i just recreated the map (this is the third time I've had to do this) from a childhood idea. It's 90% done. You guys can try it if you want. I'll post pictures of it. Laughing Here's a text description:

This map is Japan/Germany vs. Russia/UK/U.S.A. All sides start out with their capitol cities with normndy bunkers/mines/snipers/AA guns etc. The bunkers, AA guns, oil fields, ammo depots can't be destroyed but can be captured by other teams and can be used by them. Each team also has 2 battleships/1 aircraft carrier by their capitol cities (they can send troops down the rivers into the map by using boats)

Tokyo has a heavy jungle around it with snipers and banzai soldiers around it waiting to run out and attack you (along with jungle bunkers, mines) Berlin has a concentration camp with dead bodies all around with guards all around it. (There are some alive Ally soldiers in it, but they get executed by the Germans). If you liberate it and kill the guards, you will be left with dead bodies everywhere and sounds of gunfire and screams (kind of like its haunted).

Moscow (tons of soldiers everywhere and a parade will be going on in red Square), Washington, London will have unique things as well. Terrains will match each Countries area.

United States
Gizmotron

Hits Total: 20832

Badges 19/80 Level 056
Badges 19/80 Level 056

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I recommend starting small. create a new map with the smallest possible dimensions and get it to where you want it. eventually, you can start building up to larger and larger sizes (if you want). I think 448x448 is probably a good size to do most of your practice on. it's big enough to present some challenges, but not so big as to be completely overwhelming. I recommend that you get your terrain the way you like it first.

then add in the city centers and build the cities around them. this is important: if you make the city blocks first and add the city center in afterwards you'll create problems. the buildings added BEFORE the city center won't convert when the city center gets captured!

be careful to never allow buildings in a city to extend past that cities supply radius. what happens here is that when the city changes sides that building won't get converted. then you'll have problems with regiments attacking isolated or stray buildings because they belong to the enemy. these buildings won't change sides, so you'll have to order your regiments to rush past them and get out of attacking range. it's quite a nuisance!

I like to hid cutscene actors inside of cities to make them more difficult to capture. the can't be controlled by the player or the AI. however, what they WILL do is attack whenever an enemy target attacks them. so, for example, if you hide cutscene actors in for the "enemies" faction (the default neutral cities faction) inside of neutral cities... the player and the AI will have to destroy these hidden units to capture the city. it's a fun detail that can help enhance game play.

Secret Location
Sherman8likeNate

Hits Total:

Badges 01/80 Level 001
Badges 01/80 Level 001

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Gizmotron"] then you'll have problems with regiments attacking isolated or stray buildings because they belong to the enemy. these buildings won't change sides, so you'll have to order your regiments to rush past them and get out of attacking range. it's quite a nuisance!"

I just play along with it and imagine those buildings as having resistance fighters in them who refuse to assimilate. I have a few of them on my map lol.

United States
TheLastSterling

Badges 04/80 Level 011
Badges 04/80 Level 011

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Gizmotron wrote:
I recommend starting small. create a new map with the smallest possible dimensions and get it to where you want it. eventually, you can start building up to larger and larger sizes (if you want). I think 448x448 is probably a good size to do most of your practice on. it's big enough to present some challenges, but not so big as to be completely overwhelming. I recommend that you get your terrain the way you like it first.

then add in the city centers and build the cities around them. this is important: if you make the city blocks first and add the city center in afterwards you'll create problems. the buildings added BEFORE the city center won't convert when the city center gets captured!

be careful to never allow buildings in a city to extend past that cities supply radius. what happens here is that when the city changes sides that building won't get converted. then you'll have problems with regiments attacking isolated or stray buildings because they belong to the enemy. these buildings won't change sides, so you'll have to order your regiments to rush past them and get out of attacking range. it's quite a nuisance!

I like to hid cutscene actors inside of cities to make them more difficult to capture. the can't be controlled by the player or the AI. however, what they WILL do is attack whenever an enemy target attacks them. so, for example, if you hide cutscene actors in for the "enemies" faction (the default neutral cities faction) inside of neutral cities... the player and the AI will have to destroy these hidden units to capture the city. it's a fun detail that can help enhance game play.

Of course, you can set these buildings to neutral. Funny thing is in the campaign berling level, two buildings on the east bank of the river next to frankfurt always causes the AI to attack them since they don't count as part of frankfurt therefore uncapturable.

United States
TheLastSterling

Badges 04/80 Level 011
Badges 04/80 Level 011

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Gizmotron wrote:

Of course, you can set these buildings to neutral. Funny thing is in the campaign berling level, two buildings on the east bank of the river next to frankfurt always causes the AI to attack them since they don't count as part of frankfurt therefore uncapturable.

United States
Gizmotron

Hits Total: 20832

Badges 19/80 Level 056
Badges 19/80 Level 056

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, setting the all of the adjacent and outlying buildings to neutral would work. this way it wouldn't matter who captured it how many times. the supply zone is still there.

it's certainly easier than creating triggers to ensure that each building gets captured along with the city center! (I've done that too)

I do like to have the city buildings convert along with the city center, though.

I remember these links helped me out in the past... but I can't promise that they'll work now:

http://axisallies.chimaerica.com/Downloads/maps.htm

View next topic
View previous topic