Arnold
 Eisenhower
 Nimitz
 Patton
Admin
Be Respectful - No Anger or Hostility, Thats What The Gamespy Lobby is For
21-08-2007 9:13:pm
CoffeePrince
A&A is already supported by gameranger. Were inviting more players to join in there to make the game group a lot bigger. If your interested pls pm me here to get more details for game matches thanks and have a nice day fellow generals
13-04-2014 11:23:am
Montgomery1
By good luck I found this site just before getting the game.
24-08-2011 8:10:pm
Schwieger
Glad I found this
29-07-2011 9:17:pm
WW2Freak
Dude i love the game and now a member of the website i know a lot of u guys and my other profiles on it at [Iowa]DrugMonkey, ww2freak ,and bugs bunny
07-06-2011 3:35:pm
jcrfd
Amazing information and insight of the game, thanks so much for making a wonderful source for such an awesome game like Axis & Allies..
28-05-2011 12:02:pm
penguinlover7
Awesome site! It's chock full of great A&A info! I'm so glad I found an A&A community to become a part of.
12-03-2011 5:49:pm
OwNVictoryHour
Yep Lets Get This Site and Game to new people.
27-02-2011 1:20:pm
bucs1888
We need to start advertising the game on google or somethin
23-02-2011 8:32:pm
bucs1888
This site is great i never knew about it at first
22-01-2011 11:13:pm
Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.
Shout History | ShoutBox ©

USA
[ USA ]

· United States Strategy and Generals

AXIS-AND-ALLIES.COM: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Sicherheitspolizei

Hits Total: 1021

Badges 01/80 Level 003
Badges 01/80 Level 003

Last Shout: there is no secret police [IMG]

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Artillery Halftrack Regiment is a good counter for all types of infantry, and is good at indirect engagements, by bombarding the enemy for a distance. The Artillery Halftrack Regiment is NOT good at directly engaging AT Mech and Armor, or surviving "getting bombed".

Image Image Image Image Image

Axis and Allies RTS - This is a continuation of the discussion regarding the Artillery Halftrack Regiment
As found under Halftracks > Artillery Halftrack Regiment
Arrow http://www.axis-and-allies.com/artillery-arty-halftrack-regiment-ww2-rts.html
Any additions, corrections, questions, etc, are welcomed.

Israel
zling

Hits Total: 519

Badges 02/80 Level 004
Badges 02/80 Level 004

Last Shout: No Shouts Yet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

this thread is very misleading Imho. the reason for this is simple: the need for the arty mech in the first place is very marginal, and only useful for certain countries/situations in the first place.

for example, while the US has the best arty mechs it also has the best AT mechs and no reason whatsoever to get arty mechs whatsoever. sometimes very good players decide to go for arty mechs against a very good Brit player, as the very good Brit players know how to fight mechs with their SAS, so arty mechs in this scenario might be more effective, but only if you really know what you're doing.

otherwise you usually see Jap players use arty mechs, despite them being the worst unit. the thing is that neither mortars nor commandos can really stop snipers/SAS once they reach the critical mass of troops(usually around 8-10, depends on situation though.

while Germany cant really support enough arty mechs quickly enough to be of any real significance against mass snips/SAS, but would otherwise use them too at this stage, Russia and Britain have snips/SAS of their own, which are much good enough against the enemy's snips/SAS, as it is basically a micro war.

United States
KingCobra

Hits Total: 748
Badges 01/80 Level 002
Badges 01/80 Level 002

Last Shout: AnA ladder, join!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Arty mech ftw! All you need is 2 AT mechs and 4-6 Arty mechs to roll anything. Any infantry, including SAS, has no chance vs arty mechs if they are used correctly. Usually the best way is to engage at a distance and have the outside mechs move up as the morale dwindles, then move the rest of your units right into the mob of tired infantry. Pick them off one by one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rommel

Hits Total: 10148
Badges 09/80 Level 026
Badges 09/80 Level 026

Last Shout: secret nazi invention [IMG]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

yes i think arty mech are under-used and get a bad reputation due to their vulnerability to bombs.

KingCobra

Hits Total: 748
Badges 01/80 Level 002
Badges 01/80 Level 002

Last Shout: AnA ladder, join!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They might be vulnerable to a bomb, but a bomb is limited to only one spot. There best way around that is spreading your units. Besides, I believe arty mech are supposed to be spread, spreading the firepower everywhere, decreasing morale on all fronts.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
United States
Planetshakers

Hits Total: 24888

Badges 35/80 Level 107
Badges 35/80 Level 107

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Effective against SAS.

United States
Gizmotron

Hits Total: 20832

Badges 19/80 Level 056
Badges 19/80 Level 056

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

artillery in the original game had a couple of drawbacks:

1. it lacked the range of historical artillery. you could only get in one really good volley before advancing forces could close in to attack range.
2. they suffered badly at close range engagements against nearly everything this side of infantry.
3. they could not survive a bomb.

the advantages were:
1. cheaper than tanks
2. lower consumption of ammo
3. benefited from the Mechanized Advance special op (Eisenhower and Patton)

I would consider arty mechs if I got Eisenhower, Kuribayashi, or Patton.

it's important that players always arty mech as part of a combined arms operation:

arty mechs + heavy tanks + air power (Eisenhower, Patton)
arty mechs + tank destroyers + air power (Eisenhower, Kuribayashi, Patton)
arty mechs + air power (Eisenhower)
arty mechs + infantry + air power (Kuribayashi)

JPN has such horrible options for armor that sometimes I'll spam 12 arty mechs, 6 tankettes, and leave the remaining two regiments open. the reason being is that this gives me lower ammo consumption when compared to arty tanks. (Japan has low ammo production compared to most of it's advesaries) the mechs can be used to roll over infantry and help demoralize enemy tanks. with that many arty units bombarding enemy tanks they will usually rout. once I start losing my arty mechs (to air strikes or special ops) I then replace them with arty tanks or begin to increase the air strikes. if you'reusing Kuriyabashi then it's useful because you can resupply your damage regiments outside of friendly supply zones.

as King Cobra points out you have to use everything you have to destroy the enemy forces piecemeal. you need that local superiority of numbers to make the arty mech strategy work. you do need to keep the regiments spread out. the bonus is that it makes them less vulnerable to bombs, and if you're using control groups they'll automatically move into a position where they can all bombard the target.

for GER it's not really worth it. they don't have the long range artillery upgrade, so you don't want to get into a game where you're trading blows with enemy artillery that can shoot further than you. I avoid artillery units with Germany altogether, if I can help it.

arty mechs are a viable option for USA. especially if you get stuck with Eisenhower or Patton. they use up less eco than arty tanks and can help leave your economy more open for air power. with Eisenhower if you're using Assembly Line and Mechanized Advance at the same time it. Eisenhower's Mechanized Resupply op means that you've got some tactically flexibility to go deep into enemy lines for hit-and-run attacks. I would recommend starting off with air strikes to seriously weaken the enemy's tents and airfields... only THEN do you deliver the killing blow with fullly upgraded arty mechs and then run away.

View next topic
View previous topic